Effective Date: 03 October 2019
Version No: 1.0
1. Who we are and how to contact us
(www.smartmentor.io) (the "Site") is a site operated by Smart Mentor FZ-LLC ("We" or "Smart Mentor"). We are registered in Dubai, UAE, under Dubai Development Authority Commercial License number 96215 and have our registered office at in5 Tech Innovation Center, Dubai Internet City, U.A.E.
2. By using our Site you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
3. Other terms and policies that may apply to you
- Our Privacy Notice See further under paragraph 14
4. We may make changes to these terms
We may revise these terms from time to time by amending this page and will display the effective date of the revised terms at the top of this page. Your continued use of our Site and the Services after such effective date constitutes your agreement to such changes.
Every time you wish to use our Site or the Services, please check this page to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Please note that some content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Site or our Services, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
6. We may suspend or withdraw our Site and Services
Our Site is made available free of charge. You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for any hardware and connectivity necessary to access the Site and the Services. You may purchase Services though the Site and in such circumstances you will be asked to provide information to allow us to process your payment. You agree to pay all charges and applicable taxes incurred in relation to your purchase of the Services
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may at any time and without liability suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site or the Services for business and operational reasons to you or in any jurisdiction that we choose. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal by posting a notice on the Site, however, we will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site or the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
7. You must keep your account details safe
To access certain features made available to you on the Site you will need to register for an account. You are prohibited from having more than one account. Any information you provide about yourself for registration purposes or otherwise must be true, accurate, current, and complete in all respects. Please notify us immediately of any change in your information at the email address in paragraph 0.
You must treat any user identification code, password or any other piece of information, for the purpose of gaining access to certain areas of our Site, as confidential and you must not disclose such information to any third party. You must install adequate antivirus software on your computer or device which you use to access the Site. You should update your account password regularly. Each time after you finish using your personal account, you should always log out by clicking “Log Out” on the Site. We will not be liable for loss of account, loss of account credentials or leaks of your personal data as a result of your own actions and/or inactions.
- disable any user identification code, password, or any other piece of information, at any time
- withdraw, suspend or restrict access to your account, the Services or the Site; and/or
- terminate your account.
If we do any of the above, we will notify you promptly after taking the action and you must destroy any content you hold relating to our Site at that time.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using our contact details set out in paragraph 0. You understand and agree that before your notification to us of loss of account, loss of account credentials or leaks of your personal data and before you provide us with any related proof, we have reason to believe that any use of your personal account is your responsibility.
8. How you may use material on our site
Without prejudice to the above, you acknowledge and agree that the trade names, logos, and other trademarks and service marks associated with Smart Mentor (the “Smart Mentor Marks”) are our property, and that you are not permitted to use the Smart Mentor Marks without our prior written consent.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use provided that:
- You do not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you do not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site is always acknowledged;
- You do not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We may pursue all remedies available to us under applicable law for any breach of these terms or inappropriate conduct.
9. What you must not do
By using our website, you agree not to:
- Do anything which will or might damage, interrupt or impair the functionality of the Services, the Site including imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site’s infrastructure;
- Obtain unauthorized access to the Site or any private or member account areas on the Site;
- Do,cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any of our intellectual property rights, our licensors or any third party;
- Disassemble or reverse-engineer any of the software making up a part of the Site and Services;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site and Services;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation;
- Interfere with the Site in any way, including without limitation by engaging in unauthorized spidering, scraping or harvesting of content, contact or other personal information, using any other unauthorized automated means to compile information or flooding, spamming or crashing the Site;
- Collect, store or use any information from or about another user;
- “Stalk” or harass any other user;
- Distribute unsolicited commercial or bulk electronic communications (or, “spam”), chain letters or “pyramid” schemes;
- Do anything which is otherwise unlawful or which may cause any liability to us;
- Incorporate the Services in any way into any third party product or service;
- Systematically download and store content from the Services;
- Do anything that breaches any applicable local or international law or regulation; or
- Attempt to do any of the above.
You agree not to use our website:
- If you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18);
- If you are a person barred from receiving Services under the laws of your applicable jurisdiction;
When posted to public areas of our Site and Services, your content may be viewed by other users and by other persons or entities, including through third party services and websites. You should only upload, share or store images, information and other content that you are comfortable sharing with others.
You agree that you will not access or use the Site or Services to upload, share or store any video or images, or otherwise act in any manner, that:
- Is intended to perpetrate a hoax or otherwise defraud, mislead or deceive any person or entity;
- Is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, lewd, offensive or unlawful;
- promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- Is inflammatory, abusive, violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person;
- Promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; or
- Is harmful to children.
10. Do not rely on information
Do not rely on information on the Site and the Services. The content is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content. Opinions expressed on our website are the personal opinions of the authors and do not reflect the views of Smart Mentor.
11. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Site and Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We may not have control over the contents of those sites or resources. We may delete or modify any link on our website at any time and for any reason.
If you have any concerns regarding any linked websites please contact us using the details set out in paragraph 0.
12. User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us using the details set out in paragraph 0.
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Our Site and Services and all of its contents are provided to you on an “as is” basis. We make no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever relating to the Site, the Services or the content. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any and all such representations and warranties.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site or Services; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site or Services.
To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept any liability for any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in information provided on the Site or Services, or for any failure to update information other than to extent any such liability arises as a direct result of us failing to take reasonable skill and care in making the Site or Services available.
We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, sales or revenue, loss of business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
In jurisdictions which restrict limitation clauses, the above limitations shall be applied to the greatest extent permitted by the relevant law in those jurisdictions. The above limitations do not, in any way, exclude any liability we have where it would unlawful to do so.
14. How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice.
15. Uploading content to our site
Certain sections of the Site and Services allow you to submit information about yourself to us. These include, without limitation, the sections of the Site that allow you to create an account or create group chats.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site or Services, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must provide content which is accurate, genuinely held (where it concerns an opinion) and complies with the applicable law in the country in which it was posted.
Content you upload must not be defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, promote sexually explicit material, violence, illegal activity or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Content you upload must not infringe the copyright or trade marks of another, breach a legal duty to another, be in contempt of court, promote or incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful act, or contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with the above standards, and you will indemnify us (be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer) as a result of your breach of warranty. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site or Services if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above.
You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, distribute, post, broadcast, publicly perform, publish and display your content in any and all media as necessary to operate the Site and provide the Services. Unless otherwise stated on the Site and Services, your information is available to the public, and information you consider confidential should not be posted.
We may modify or adapt your public content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your public content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. You further grant us the right to use, copy, reproduce, process, distribute, post, broadcast, publicly perform, publish and display your name and other information in connection with your public content as described herein or elsewhere from time to time, subject to any applicable data protection laws.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your public content, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your content by other users and our third party partners. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your public content, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your content by other users and our third party partners.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, ideas and suggestions for improvements, enhancements and modifications to the Site and the Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by e-mailing us, at the email address above. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback you give us (i) will be treated as non-confidential, and (ii) will be our sole and exclusive property. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that your Feedback may be disseminated or used by us or our affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including developing, improving and marketing products. You hereby irrevocably transfer and assign to us all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including all worldwide patent, copyright, trade secret, moral and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein, and waive any moral rights you may have in such Feedback.
17. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Site or Services are free of viruses or other harmful components.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Site and Services. You should use your own, up-to-date virus protection software.
You must not introduce, or do anything which is likely to lead to the introduction of, any viruses or other harmful components into any aspect of our Site or Services.
At our request, you agree to compensate us fully, defend us, and hold us harmless immediately on demand, our officers, directors, agents, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses, including legal fees, arising from any breach of these terms by you, including the use by any other persons accessing our Site or Services or using your internet account caused by your action or inaction
18. Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page without our prior written consent.
20. What our relationship is not
21. Survival of Terms
23. No waiver
If any of these terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
25. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
28. Third Party Beneficiaries